Javitri or Mace is extracted from nutmeg seed. Nutmeg tree is a native plant of India and a powerful herb and spice being used in Ayurveda, meat cooking and briyani making.
- Nutmeg contains myristicin, a substance with psychoactive properties, which is used to treat depression.
- Nutmeg and mace are used for treating diarrhea, nausea, stomach spasms and pain, and intestinal gas.
- They are also used for treating cancer, kidney disease, and trouble sleeping (insomnia); increasing menstrual flow; causing a miscarriage; as a hallucinogen; and as a general tonic.
- Nutmeg and mace are applied to the skin to kill pain, especially pain caused by achy joints (rheumatism), mouth sores, and toothache
- In foods, nutmeg and mace are used as spices and flavorings
Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ): 50 grams
Best before 12 months.
Terms and Conditions:
We assume that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
The content on this website is not intended as a medical reference but as a source of information.
Please remember when you are using herbs for their medicinal properties, they are just that – ‘medicinal’. If you wish to take a herbal remedy with prescribed medicines, you should talk to a physician first – treat all herbal remedies with respect.
Neither the editor nor the experts or authors can be held responsible for any adverse reactions to the recommendations on this website. The use of any herb or derivative is entirely at the reader’s own risk.